Friday, December 7, 2007

Beautiful Evening



As the sun in the south at its meridian height is the glory and beauty of the day, so stands.....

The Northeastern Corner

Last night the brothers of my lodge elected yours truly Junior Warden. I am humbled and honored to be able to serve my brethren and am anxiously awaiting the day of our installation in two weeks time. All should work out fine, but to quote brother Robert Burns“The best laid schemes o’ mice an’ men / Gang aft a-gley".
My participation in the installation will depend upon Mrs. North Eastern Corner who is in her final weeks of pregnancy with our newest corner stone. Although my second daughter is due January 1st, none of my children have come on time so she could make her first appearance any time between now and then, and if you ask my wife the sooner the better. Whenever she comes, whether it be this week or the night of my installation it will be a extra joyous time at our little home here in New England.
In my opinion there is no more perfect example of beauty than a child.
What a perfect symbol for my year in the South.

2 comments:

Traveling Man said...

Brother:

Congratulations on your election and on the arrival of your child.

It is my sincere wish that she is happy and healthy and that your wife have an easy delivery.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you both.

Traveling Man

M.M.M. from the North Eastern Corner said...

Thanks T.M.,
Congratulations on your election to the South also. It will be an exciting and enlightening year for sure, here in the Nutmeg State.
N.E.C.